Friday, November 28, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
While progress is occuring in that area, some areas are still a struggle.
Dad: "Do you want to be treated like a adult or a child?"
Tyler: "Neither. I want to be treated like a teenager."
How exactly do teenagers expect to be treated? Lots of freedom and no responsibility.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Here's the rundown of what we're using.
For English: The Madsen Method
For Math: Math U See Algebra 1, Saxon Algebra 1/2 and the Dive CD's
For Spanish: Rosetta Stone Latin American Spanish 1 and 2
For Science: Apologia Chemistry CD-ROM and Kit, In the Beginning CD-ROM
For Typing: Mavis Beacon
For History: From Sea to Shining Sea and numerous biographies
We also go to a co-op on Tuesday where I'm teaching IEW SWI Level A and the boys are learning IEW SWI Level C and we all do SuperCharged Science. (Institute for Excellence in Writing Student Writing Intensive)
And the kids go to http://freerice.com/index.php for geography, vocabulary, grammar and chemistry practice.
Only one more day this week!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
4 Things that I was doing 10 years ago.
1. Running a small Day Care in Coleraine, MN.
2. Toting a four-year-old and two-year-old in a biker buggy.
3. Climbing to the top of the ski jump in Coleraine.
4. Learning how to cook real meat, not just chicken nuggets and corn dogs.
4 things on my To-Do list for today:
1. Organize school books
2. Read No Greater Joy Magazine.
3. Prepare posts for tomorrow. Apparently since I waited a week to post, they better be good.
4. Share my homeschooling wisdom with the neighbor.
4 random things I love about my husband:
1. He's tall.
2. He's strong.
3. He likes to drive.
4. He knows that when I lean forward it means I need him to rub my back.
4 jobs that I've had:
1. Delivery Driver for a printing company
2. Delivery Driver, salesperson and arranger for a flower shop
3. Salesperson, creator and applicator in a vinyl lettering shop
4.Day care provider and substitute
4 movies that I've watched more than once:
2. Hudson Hawk (Mike's favorite)
4. The Lord of the Rings (all three)
4 places I have lived:
1. Coleraine, MN
2. Oakes, ND
3. Cokato, MN
4. Grand Rapids, MN
4 places I've been:
1. Dallas, TX
2. Chicago, IL
3. Orlando, FL
4. Cave City, KY (I LOVE it there)
4 places I want to visit:
1. North Shore of Lake Superior
2. Elgin, IL (to see family)
3. Southern Ohio, (more family)
4. Cokato, MN (great friends)
4 TV shows I watch:
1. Kare 11 News (That's it. I really don't have time for TV. I'd rather blog.)
4 things you may not know about me:
1. I love school! I'm so excited when a new box of books show up at my house.
2. I need to be wearing comfortable shoes in order to get work done.
3. I hate spending money.
4. I rub my feet together or on Mike in bed to help me relax and fall asleep.
So, that's it! I tag Elisa and Monkey Mama.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
This is Miiku (Yellow Lab/White Shepherd). It was pointless to try and get him to sit for a picture.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
A few days ago, we saw it again. This time it came closer to the house and we were able to get pictures. We're pretty sure it's a squirrel that lost it's tail, but we could be mistaken.
Since we've been reading "Summer of the Monkeys" as a family, all of us imagined what strange animal may have escaped from somebody's circus.
Friday, May 9, 2008
After 3 1/2 hours the temperature of the ice/water was still 32 degrees F. Then we added a bunch of salt to the water and watched the temperature dip to 26 degrees F.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Monday, March 31, 2008
Then we put them in a show box under the sink and wait for four days. Here's the results. We hope you can read the labels. It was a very gross project.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Tony has the job of shoveling the sidewalk, garage pad and the back deck. When he shovels the deck he likes to pile the snow in one mound and then jump over the railing. It's about an eight foot drop. An exciting reward for a job well done.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Thursday, January 31, 2008
We are playing soccer with Miiku and the neighbor boys and dog. Miiku is one of the dogs we watch regularily. Watch how the neighbor boy has to rescue his little brother from being closelined by Miiku's tie-out.